09-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #46
npinibir2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
They called me yesterday after they put the lubrisol in the ps unit. The problem was still there. They called me in again to show the technician exactly what I was talking about. I duplicated the problem and the mechanic told me that it was normal because when you are at a stop and steer, the load is too high. I told him that the problem can't be normal that it was embarrassing to drive people around in your BMW and they ask you why the car is making that noise and vibration. I told that if it was normal, then this car is junk. This is not to be expected from a BMW.

I also brought my 2007 335i and I told him my car doesn't make that nose and he said that it was different engine and different suspension. He suggested to check another 328i to compare apples to apples. He didn't wanna try a brand spankin new BMW in which my 328i is almost brand new. Well, it's got 18000 miles. hahaha.. Anyway, he had a 2007 328i with 36,000 miles on it. He took it out and had me ride in it and he tested it to see if it will make the same droning and vibration. I told him, that is exactly how it's suppose to be, nothing, no droning and no vibration. Tried it in park, Drive and riverse. Nothing. Now he's got something to work with. New power steering is in order.

Also, if you are having issue with your windows scratches as my windows looks like crap because of a bad part that is scratching the crap out of the windows. Well, they will replace all for and I will get them to redo the tint on the windows as it came with it from the factory.

Another issue, ticking noise in the engine, very common on 328i series specially the 2008 and very annoying, they will also fix that.

I am really hoping that all this issue will be resolved. Tired of going back and forth the dealership for repair when I was only suppose to make a trip there once a year for service. This is just terrible.

I'll update when available.
Appreciate 0