10-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #51
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by govtec View Post
Just got a call back from the local dealership service advisor. They recommend that I not change the transmission oil. Of course they mention the lifetime fluid per BMW spec. He mentioned that another customer tried changing the oil himself and the customer ended up bringing the car in with transmission issue. I will try to talk to the service advisor tomorrow because he left me with a voice message. I'm having second thoughts about changing the oil now.
By the way, I just found this. See attached BMW Service and Warranty information booklet. It states on page 7 that the Automatic Transmission Fluid must be changed at 100,000 miles. Therefore, your SA and dealer don't know what they are talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2006_3Series.pdf (638.4 KB, 2019 views)
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0