View Single Post
      07-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #87
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Update:
Ordered a set of cross drilled/slotted Geomet rotors way back last year during their Black Friday sale.

Was told by dealer at the time that installing them with different pads would void my brake maintenance plan for brakes

Maintenance plan finally expired and I got these installed all the way around with Akebono Ceramic pads & ECS Exact Fit SS Brake Lines.

Got to tell you, not only do they look great, but the changeover to ceramic pads is the best mod I ever did

Silver wheels would be black with dust in 3 days after cleaning with OEM pads - now going on 3 weeks and my wheels don't show any dust at all.

I don't know why some people state there are new versions of OEM pads that dust less - every time I asked the dealer about this they stated there was nothing such as this available for my car.

Some say the braking with aftermarket pads is different than OEM, I'm not feeling any difference after rotor break-in period. There was a slight difference for about he 1st 40miles until the coating wore off the firepath on the rotors - after that nothing I can tell.

Went with the Akebono's after a lot of thought - glad I did. I have Hawk HPS pads on my T/A and all I ever get out of them is noise which is freakin annoying - absolutely no noise with the Akebono's + they are known to be 'rotor friendly'

Do you need crossdrilled/slotted rotors? No, but they look great, the Geomet price was great - overall VERY happy I went with the choices I made
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 07-17-2013 at 05:28 AM..
Appreciate 0