View Single Post
      08-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
sama.astani
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Unhappy EGR and Injector Issues...help!

Hi everyone, Im new to the forum so excuse me if there is another thread about my issue.
I have a 2009 335d w/ 66k miles on it. Recently the SES has come on and I put a generic OBD scanner on it.

Codes:
p203a
p0638
p02ce

Hooked up autologic computer and read:
4593 smooth running controller, cylinder 2
4862 air system, air to EGR mass flow, plausibility
4592 smooth running controller, cylinder 4
4687 throttle valve actuator
4bac reducing agent active tank fill sensor
4ae6 zero quantity adaptation injector, cylinder 2

Only modification I've done to the car is a JBD chip set at 80% for a little under a year, no problems.

I'm pretty ignorant about these diesels, and have a friend as a tech at Classic BMW in Dallas. He said it needed reprogramming, cleaning, smooth running test, and possible injector replacements. Independent shops where I live don't know what any of this means. I love this car to death, but having to sink $5,000 at 66k miles to fix it seems a little ridiculous. He said that around 20% of these diesels hit this issue.

Car seems to be rough at idle, and increased throttle lag. Drives great on the highway, except my gas mileage seems to be decreasing quite a bit.

Has anyone had these problems and if so, can you tell me what you did? Or if indeed 20% of these diesels have this issue, has BMW done anything about it?

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0