12-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #18
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta7777 View Post
sorry for expalning it spins as in if it was the clutch goin out an my rpm jump a lil depending how much throttle i give it
Since it can be many things that you are discribing it could only be the following

Wheel spin causing the RPMs to jump then when traction is established the RPM would drop then climb again

If the Sport button is On, DSC on or off completely, then your clutch is slipping with the instant demand of power because the DME is reporting to the DCT values that calculate how much pressure to apply to the clutches to avoid slippage from increased HP. This is theory and not official yet. Still studying the DCT and DME language

For example: If your DME "thinks" the turbos are producing only 12 PSI the DCT calculates that into HP and then ups the bar pressure to 10 when in fact you are running more PSI and more HP, which causes the clutches to slip then leading to more heat which will lead to more slip

Brake Boosting is harmful to your DCT and will cause slippage if used too many times especially with your setup.
Appreciate 0