06-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #125
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30nynj View Post
If you read close enough, I bought the same glasses 3 times already cuz I loved it so much but unfortunately lost it under different circumstances.

Most of us feel bad for an expensive watch or car gets banged. Look at the relative value there. While I admire your preservation abilities for a pair of shades over 12 years, but I feel sometimes it takes the whole fun of wearing it in certain conditions. There must have been numerous occasions where you felt wearing these pair might damage it. So everyone has a varying degree of affinity towards things and it should simply be accepted not judged. A $100 sunglasses is Dollar/pennies compared to a $3500 watch or $70k M5.

cheers
Like I said, I came off pretty harsh.

I use the hell out of my glasses or at least my Oakleys. My M-Frames were both bought in grade school. I used both of those for at least 500 baseball games. My Radars saw 4 years of 3-hour practices, ~75 games/year, and somehow made it through my entire college baseball career.

There’s always more to every story though, I lost two $300 baseball gloves over that period (when you carry around 6 it happens I suppose). So I’m certainly not perfect.

In the end, shit happens. No worries about that. The only point I was trying to make is appreciate the things you’re fortunate enough to own. Some people think a nice pair of sunglasses costs $50 (much less a pair that costs $200+).
Appreciate 0