View Single Post
      02-06-2010, 02:14 AM   #35
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

bmw and zf's definition of lifetime is 100k under normal driving condirion and 50k to 75k miles if you drive hard...

i'm not eliminating Pentosin or Redline for our tranny as an options in the future since i got response from both claiming that their fluids are totally fine on our transmission (just like ZF, of course they will say yes), i'd rather stay with oem drain and fill at this moment until more people try some other fluids and report it back. hopefully this drain and fill will last no problem until 80~100k then i'll come back to this and see what goes on.

my dealer quoted me $36 per liter and told me they will need 5.5 for drain and fill without doing TQ convertor. i got a quote from the dealer saying they will perform the service fill for around $300 (including tax) which is not a bad deal for me.

i figured if i order pentosin from the website, it will at least be $100 or so then still need to pay for couple hours of labour at any independent BMW shop who are capable of doing which at the end the difference will be around $100...

turkeybaster115, please do report us back for your next drain and fill for your transmission. i'd curious to hear the comparison between OEM transmission fluids you had vs Pentosin you have now...

Appreciate 0