05-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #2007
CaliBear1
Go Bears!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB E93 335is

Garage List
2013 E93 335is  [10.00]
Pulled The Trigger on an E93 335is! Question about the Side Mirrors.

I'm incredibly fired up!

I know many 335is coupe owners are not into the 'verts, but living in the San Francisco Bay Area makes a vert almost mandatory! There are so many gorgeous open roads, from the coast to Napa to Tahoe that just beg to be driven topless.

I do have a question. I'm not exactly enamored of the black side mirrors. I actually requested color-coordinated mirrors, but they won't do that at the factory. The dealership has promised to paint them to match the exterior if that's my wish after the car arrives in July. Do you think that would detract from the value of the car or diminish the unique traits which separate the 335is from the rest of its 3 stable mates?

I ordered Le Mans blue with oyster/black interior, so at least the black mirrors transition gracefully into the black two-tone interior. At least that's my theory!

I also refused to get a car with a second dash hump, forcing me to forego the navigation system. I'm counting on my smartphone to handle those duties. Otherwise, she's loaded for bear.

I'm looking forward to joining you all in this exclusive club! I have not seen one 335is, either coupe or vert, during my daily commute on 280 between SF and SJ. And, considering the fact that the SF Bay Area probably has one of the heaviest concentrations of Bimmers on the planet, that makes the 335is even more special!

I will share pix when this baby arrives.

Cheers and a heartfelt thanks on this Memorial Day weekend to all here who have served in our country's armed forces and a prayer for those who made the ultimate sacrifice to bring us the freedom we enjoy today.

CaliBear1

Last edited by CaliBear1; 05-25-2013 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Appreciate 0