thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post
I got the eibach/koni combo. I can tell you the car still feels a little unstable over bumps like those you describe. Sometimes it feels like the car hydroplaned, sometimes its like a shake (like when a dog tries to shake water of its body). Cant really give you a better description. Car is not as planted as my old STI.

I just attributed this to the subframe bushings that seem to be fluid filled ones, rather than solid ones.
Exactly! That's what I noticed as well. I was going to PM you to verify your experiences as you and I both have the same setup and installer :-)

One of the things I did try yesterday, per Ajsalida's recommendation was to review Koni's specification and install procedure. What I found was that the rear shocks actually have 2.5 full turn, not 1.5 full turn (per the installer's verification during the install). Assuming that is the case, 1/2 turn from what I thought was "full soft" is actually 1.5 turn for the "real full soft" baseline. Short of removing the rear and restarting, I firmed up the front end to match e.g. 1.5 turns from full soft. This seemed to have made the car better, but now makes me wonder if both rear shocks are set up identically. Next step is getting it checked out by an independent BMW shop, when I get new tires put on.
Appreciate 0