thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post

One question for both you guys, or all you guys reporting this who have K/E. What kind of tires? RFT or not, and then independent of that, what wheel sizes and widths. Finally what pressures?

I also found 2.5 turns available and set them to 0.5 turns off full soft. Next time I have them off I want to try 1 full turn. I run 18" staggered with non RFT conti DWS, OEM sizes, set at 38 PSI F/R. The rear feels very planted esp on sharp transitions (like tucking back in after an aggressive pass), or getting on throttle coming out of a turn.

edit: last thing, I forgot to mention. When I first installed these and did an initial alignment (I do my own), I did notice a jiggling at the rear. Then I went back again after a few miles of settling and did a full alignment, and also released the binding on all the rear bushings. Meaning I fully loosened the main control arm and the two rear suspension adjuster bolt/nuts, and let the car visibly settle full weight, tightened it all back up again, then completed the alignment off that base. Two things happened. The rear dropped another 1/4 or so, and the jiggling went away. If you do not do this the bushings are twisting against load at rest.
My current set up: Michelin PS RFT staggered. F: 225/40/18 @ 36 PSI 18x8. R: 255/32/18 @ 41 PSI 18x8.5. These are OEM sizes and inflation.

Aligned twice as noted. Not sure how it was done the second time, but the suspension was installed with the frame supported and components tightened, then moved to the alignment machine.
Appreciate 0