thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post
When I installed mine, I specified turns from full stiff, rather than full soft. So installer should have turned to full soft then to full stiff (counting) and then to the setting I wanted. This might have given me better knowledge of how they were set up (knowing how many turns are in the strut, which seem to vary)

I changed over to non-rfl (michelin) like 500 miles ago and the car feels way better now. This jitter is less pronounced. Tire pressure as defined in the car (i think its 38 back, 32 front).
I once read that the higher tire pressure is to fix the understear that it receives from the AWD. I have not tried it with lower pressure on back. I like my ride right now.

On a separate note. I got road force tire balance and it was awesome. Car was just gliding on the road. No vibration whatsoever.
Too bad it didnt last long, due to these damn roads
I had want to run down the RFT and buy some time, but my change to non-RFT may happen sooner than later. As for the Koni settings, I have been playing with the front, but not the back, as it too much of a pain (and $) to take out and adjust. I will adjust the back after the tires are swapped out. Glad to hear that the non-RFT have helped dramatically.
Appreciate 0