View Single Post
      03-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #13
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

is not smelly inside the cabin , but it is smelly outside , like when someone drives behind you , or at night when you come home. On a hot day with the windows down I could smell it . This is only with primary cats out

I have a pretty good sense of smell though.

My civic with catless headers was less smelly than the BMW so I m not sure how clean these cars are burning

I ve seen another 328 at the shop with AA headers with the same smell , talking to the mechanic he said all the ones he has done have the same smell.

Its not really a big deal , as I said before inside the cabin , unless the windows are down and the weather is really hot , its not noticeable. Its just a bit annoying when you are picking up people or people are asking you why you car smell like that. I also became pretty aware of the smell when coming home at night where you could really smell it. Having a "luxury car" smelling like that was not really my thing . If I had a muscle car , maybe ...

I m guessing with secondary cats delete , it would be worse , so maybe it would be a bigger deal.

But again , it really depends on your sense of smell , my brother noticed the smell as soon as I pull in the driveway , while my wife did not notice anything . It was like that with other friends too
Appreciate 2
Biginboca3763.50
Phyrexia502.50