03-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #223
Castel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zesus-3 View Post
I will also say this....if I saw the OP getting balls-deep in on his own body work, or cutting of exhaust or doing any of this by himself.....I would not be critical of anything I have seen or read so far because that, to me, is modding....Like I stated, as well as other have stated, this project seems like a showcase for these 3 shops, not for the OP's skill. Just a thought
I understand your point, people have their opinions and it's cool. Although, OP wasn't trying to showcase his skills, or his balls/gut to go through with the modding of his car, I don't think that was his intention at all. He was just sharing his view and his taste with the forumr. Just like when people post about "I got a new 335i!", they are not showcasing their ability or anything, just excitement on what's going on.

But hey, modifying the rear fenders, changing entirely the front (fenders, headlights, bumper and hood), adding a custom carbon fiber trunk lid and painting it the color he wants is not just anything. You don't need to have your elbow deep in grease doing everything yourself to appreciate the effort, money, thought and planning in a project. If on the other hand he did it all by himself and the end result looks like crap it doesn't call for a lot admiration and you could be critical...
Appreciate 0