View Single Post
      01-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #16
Curt3s
In your rear view mirror making funny faces.
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poldim
so how is it?
That keynote is what sold me on the new Mac.

So far I've imported my 30 GB iTunes library from my PC, thousands of my photos into iPhoto (very quickly), played with a Nine Inch Nails song in Garage Band, setup firefox, setup a .mac account, used the email application to access my gMail via POP, setup BitTorrent and Proper port forwarding, played with Photobooth with the iSight, burned a few DVDS (very fast).

And of course standard webbrowsing stuff, and viewed my music, videos, music videos, photos and DVDs on the screen via FrontRow with the remote.

I've only had one program refuse to work, (Because of the Core Duo?), and that's Azureus. I'm hoping for a new version soon.

overall It feels alot like standard G5 macs with only standard improvements on non Universal Binaries, with some notable exceptions. I'm banking on the fact that this machine will become increasingly fast with time.

The system is still completely UNIX based, and all I know is developers are still scrambling to port their applications built with Cocoa over, and integrated Dual Threading of the Data. As I understand it.

Also it completely boots in 30 seconds!

'06 325i - Premium - Sport - iDrive Navigation - Bluetooth Cradle - Sparkling Graphite - Grey Interior - Aluminum Trim (GT4 330 Pictured)

"And with the amount of power he has in that BMW he is just leaving them behind right now."
Appreciate 0