View Single Post
      06-04-2010, 08:35 AM   #174
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Installed a B&M shifter in my E90 earlier this week and this write-up helped out. It was a damn simple install. The hardest part was figuring out where the white cup is supposed to be for it to pop out. Once I figured that out, it was cake.

Took maybe 30 minutes of total work time, and most of that was looking for the circlip after I popped it off and it flew away. I thought it was a goner somewhere down in the heat shield towards the rear of the car, but turns out it fell on the ground and I was laying on it lol.

Shifts are crazy short now. It almost feels like the MGW shifter I had on my mustangs, very defined gates and very short shifts, feels like maybe only 3" from 3rd to 4th. It makes driving so much more enjoyable. Still some play side to side in each gear, especially 3rd and 4th, but I think that's due to the connecting rod. Didn't feel like paying UUC $100 for a small piece of metal I could probably make myself. Oh, and I could only get one of the B&M spacers on the bottom of the shift rod, that's all that would fit. I've heard of other people having this problem as well.
Appreciate 0