View Single Post
      08-02-2013, 03:53 AM   #5
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep
Drives: F86

Hey, I had the exact problem. Previous owner spilled coffee into the cic controller on our way to the insurance company to change ownerships of the car. I drove and tested it 30 minutes before and everything was fine, got in the car after getting ownership and noticed a nasty AXE spray smell which he used to cover up his coffee smell.

Two days later, I guess the coffee ate some parts of the circuit board in the controller and I can no longer scroll down or up. Menu button was stuck like a rock. Only half the controller illuminated.

I got to the part where you got stuck, I gave up and just sprayed electronic contact cleaner into it for an hour and drying it and doing it again. I then poured rubbing alcohol all over it and used a credit card to clean all stains.

**I brought it to a dealership and told them its messed up, they found no signs of spills and covered it. What a relief! Didn't want to pay $500 to fix it after paying for the car!

**PS. You don't need to take off the knob if you already took off the button covers. Just spray and clean 100% on the button covers, thin playing cards + alcohol worked wonders for me. I even used a hose and sprayed the crap out of it. In the end, it actually worked. I didn't think it was going to work since nothing ever works out for me.
Appreciate 0