Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
unless you can drive more than 80mph for at least 30 mins honda civic is all you need
I felt my manual 130 hp honda was a blast to drive on the street, it felt fast to me , it handle corners really well ...

my friends 500 hp charger is not as fun , on first gear I m already topping the speed limit and I do not feel like I have control of the car anymore. Even on a straight line I m afraid to loose control of the car. The car was fun for about 10 minutes , after that I felt like I could not go past 4 000 rpm on the street , even on spirited driving. Only good thing about it was bragging about the 500 hp and taking it on a street line ran from time to time . Even then we never went past third gear in a straight line on the damn thing

For your regular joe , any light car with manual tranny that you can beat on should be fun .

chump race is where the fun is at
exactly this ... I had 92 Accord manual 120hp in college, bought it with 90k from a private owner. It was fun! I still check out adds sometime hoping to find a pristine one.

Last year one of the Porsche instructors at the track told me I am having sooo much fun! I was like well yeah of course. He replied my 911 is in the shop so I took our Prius ... it is so much fun! He was serious ...
Appreciate 0