11-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #119
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs0set View Post
Just to clarify, you're suggesting that the best solution is not to upgrade the audio at all?

Can anyone suggest whether amping the rear speakers + hi-fi coding will resolve all the issues (specifically rear PDC)? If so, it should be fairly simple to get a cheap two-channel amp from ebay and power up the rears. I'd guess that if you set the HU fader all the way to the front, the PDC will overrule that and come out of the back anyway. Thus audio = front only, Marconi amp + Gladen speakers, PDC = lightly amped rears.

I realise this may sound a little overkill to some just to fix the rear PDC but to others including myself, it would be a constant source of irritation that the PDC doesn't work as designed.

Thanks,

Ian.

PS. Sorry for the partial thread hi-jack. I realise that this is not a Gladen specific issue but as the Gladen solution involves a four-channel amp for the front speakers only, this issue is relevant.

You are being extra cautious. Shoot a pm to Blond Fella and ask his opinion.

Its nothing to do with any setup but its to do with BMW which makes things difficult and modifying it is not as easy as some other car.

As you have already suggest, 6 channel amplifier is the way to go if you want to be perfectionist. There is no cheap amplifier which can power the rears as bmw works on differential balanced input.

The other method is 4 channels with / without coding.