View Single Post
      11-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #120
rs32
Team UK - Hybrid Audio Technologies
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport

I'm going to be doing a simple 6-channel build in my 2007 E90 in the next few months using the Mobridge MOST (DA2) interface, been doing some investigating and it looks like they have worked around the rear PDC and bongs issue by flipping all noises to the front channels in the processing of the Mobridge device and controlling the volume levels vs "music" separately.

This unit "overlays" the PDC signal onto the music output so it will be interesting to see whether they've got it right and kept it as close to OEM-like as possible.

I'll update more once I've got the device installed and coded to the car. Eventually this will be full optical/digital signal path for sound source and amplification once the new range of Toslink-input amps comes out (Mobridge, Audison Prima etc). But the first attempt will be using a JL Audio XD 600/6 to power the whole system and all speakers looking factory within the cabin (but with some trickery behind the stock grilles).

Speakers will most likely be the Gladen under-seat 8", Hybrid Audio L4SE mids in the doors and Alpine SPX (Scanspeak) ring radiator tweeters behind the OEM mirror sail grilles. It won't be tuned correctly until I get time alignment in there (needs the optical-in amp for that) but the first stage is to assess what is possible with a really simple setup. Having been there many times before I want to get the OEM build correct first before going mental on extra processing kit.
Appreciate 0