View Single Post
      11-17-2013, 01:27 AM   #129
-Ju-
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs0set View Post
I managed to get the door cards back on, although I may need to partially remove them again after sorting out the foam for the tweeters.

I've stripped both sides of the boot and the amp tray is big enough even on the E93.

Where on the battery do you connect the positive feed? I've seen suggestion of buying an OEM connector to connect to the power distribution block and also people using the bolt which connects the fat cable on the far left of the block. Is it too much to ask for a simple positive bolt these days? Is there something usable nearer to the actual battery terminal?

Also for the ground point, this appears to be hidden under some of the roof parts on the E93. I can't see that removing the bit of carpet on the left rear wheel arch is going to be easy without affecting the adjustment of the roof. Any suggestions?

I'm off to buy some MDF as suggested by the OP.

Edited to add, does anyone know if there is a shallower tray for the E93 to go over the amp?
I connected the power to the main battery connection simply because the power lead is supplied with a connector ring already on. I did buy the proper bmw connector but never bothered using it.
The ground point is above the amp install location behind the carpet, all removed without touching the roof components though.
I used MDF as the OP
I bought the shallower tray as I said above, Still have the bag it came in if you require the part number. It's roughly £45
Appreciate 0