04-17-2016, 12:46 AM   #71
DrRobert
Normal Person
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Garage List
2011 E90 335i  [0.00]
I installed the M3 strut brace recently, got the kit from Harold at HPA. This was exactly the suspension mod my car needed! But like others have suggested it was like the icing on the cake after the rest of the suspension was pretty much dialed in. My car already had upgraded tires, wheels, struts, springs, camber plates, M3 front and rear control arms, M3 front sway bar, LSD with lockdown kit, M3 subframe bushings and more. The car drove great but there still felt like there was a little bit of slop in the steering, for lack of a better description. Turn-in was OK but I had to correct the steering too much in mid-turn when driving hard on twisty mountain backroads. This upgrade fixed that. It reminded me of when I installed the front sway bar, though the effect was not quite as dramatic. Steering precision is markedly improved, both when entering turns and in mid-turn. I'm very satisfied with the purchase, but I can also see that it may not have done much if I had not already spent a bundle on other more important suspension upgrades first.
Appreciate 2