08-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #44
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Depends where on Lake Travis you're coming from. Expect 45 minutes or so from Lakeway depending on traffic.
What he said. Lake Travis is so big that it just depends where you are coming from. I am off of Bee Creek Rd, so very close to Lakeway. If you do plan to check it out, take 183 to the airport as the construction on 71 could have you stuck for 45 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Whoa. 15 large for RV parking! Hadn't heard that.

Not sure if you've got a PSL or not, but only PSL holders (premium seating) can park at the track and only then if they've purchased a parking spot for the weekend. Otherwise, you won't be able to park at the track. You'll have to take a shuttle from one of the designated parking areas or use another method to get there (taxi, limo, helicopter, etc).

Unless you try to get there at the crack of dawn, I think 2-3 hours travel time is a pretty solid estimate, especially if taking the shuttle.
I am looking into renting a house between Lamar and South Congress for the weekend. Hopefully we'll be able to hire a van to take us out and yeah, I wouldn't find that long of a drive out there surprising based on the roads getting to the track. I have a feeling that this first year may be miserably coordinated.
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0