View Single Post
      10-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #35
chaz58
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328iT

Probably the gun control laws.

The police in Europe are incredibly polite (while they take your money). When I was living in Europe, I was shocked at how respectful the police consistently are. They don’t have to worry about someone pulling a gun on them quite like they do in the US.

Most police in the US will lighten up when they see you are no threat. Still, there is a significant percentage that let their power go to their head. Its unfortunate that the job too often comes with an attitude (at least in this country). There are enough bad apples to give the whole country’s police force a bad rap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pnt4maro View Post
To the OP, I'd like to see you approach a vehicle, not knowing who is inside, while wearing a uniform that some people simply hate because of what you stand for and have no regard for your life or the fact that you have a family like anyone else...

It's true that not everyone we deal with is a violent criminal, but one person out of a hundred is....go make a hundred traffic stops and see how long it takes you to get lucky and find that one...I know from experience....

Watch this and you will see why we are cautious when we approach a vehicle...

Its alot harder to shoot someone when they arent standing right in front of you..

you never know if it's grandma you just pulled over or someone who doesnt wanna go back to prison and will do anything to avoid it....

case in point..this was a simple traffic stop for an illegal u turn, the driver was a well known drug suspect, which they did not know at the time of the pursuit, you see how this ends...from a simple traffic stop a man loses his life and in the process tried to kill at least two officers..all because he didnt wanna go back to jail...

until you have walked in our shoes and done our job from our aspect, dont criticize an officer because of the way he approaches you...doesn't mean he is scared at all...it means he is making sure he goes home to his family when the end of the shift comes...Tactical advantages play a major part in our jobs and make the difference in going home to our families at the end of the day/night or going to the morgue, because we made a stupid mistake and got complacent with everything we do..

Not to mention that you alread said that you knew your tint was illegal, but you told the officer that you didn't know what percent it was??? Whats the matter, were you scared of a ticket?? Being honest with an officer is the best way to avoid a ticket...I hear "I dont know" ninety nine times over, and hear the truth once....the ones that tell the truth usually get out of there with a warning....

Just a little food for thought...

Appreciate 0