View Single Post
      01-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #14
princefemi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
If they program your car, they will bring ALL the car's firmwares to the latest software version. They have NO WAY to skip certain firmware upgrades (for example the transmission) while programming. My dealer took me to the programming department and showed me all the steps.

But luckily every programming generates a log with which modules needed programming. This is usually attached to the work order. You can ask this print from the dealer and you can check if the transmission module was programmed or not.

I too have the performance power kit installed on my car and am scheduled to get the B13 09 10 reprogram done on my car next week due to the current recall. I am concerned that the program upgrade will wipe away the performance upgrade software I paid so much money for. Have you had the recall performed on your car? If so, how was this task accomplished on your car? Did they first perform the upgrade and then reload the performance software on your car? When they returned your car to you how were you able to verify that the performance software had been reinstalled properly? Please any info on how to proceed with this issue would be helpful. I expressed my concerns to the SA and he told me that the recall software update would be accomplished first, and then the performance power kit software would be installed second. Does this sound right to you?
Thanks much for your anticipated assistance!