View Single Post
      10-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #159
335alive
i accidentally the verb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ

I can also post nothing but praise for Ivo after my first experience with him this past week.

I went in to see him last Friday to have my car diagnosed, and found that he was off. Jonathan was more than happy to assist me in his absence. I was initially hesitant that it was not Ivo himself, but Jonathan quickly proved that he knew what he was doing/talking about. He plugged in the scanner and found no codes, so he advised me to do the carbon cleaning on my car (as I was experiencing the same symptoms as the poster above me and was worried it may have been an ignition coil causing a misfire). Jonathan did not charge me for this diagnosis, and I booked in an appointment to come see them again a week later to have the work done.

Later that same day, while driving home, I had a water-pump failure out of nowhere. I limped the car home and phoned Ivo the next day. He was very accomodating in helping me get the car booked in with him as soon as possible, and I had the car towed down on Tuesday (after the long weekend). Ivo checked it out as soon as it arrived and confirmed it was indeed the water-pump. Even though he was booked solid the next day, and Jonathan had called in sick leaving him alone in the shop, Ivo still managed to have all the work done less than 40 hours later, and I happily picked up my baby and drove her home.

WOW did that carbon-clean make a noticeable improvement! The jumpiness, unstable idle, and hesitation at WOT are all completely gone; the car drives as it did when I first bought it over 50k ago!

Ivo and Jonathan are both honest, straight-up dudes who know what they're doing, and I am over-all very happy with the experience, with my only minor complaint being that, upon receiving my car back, there are a couple of small dirt marks on my light-gray a-pillar fabric that were not there before.

Otherwise, I am very satisfied and will be returning to him again in the future. Can't recommend enough. I have been to Bimmex, RMP, and a couple of different BMW dealerships, and this is easily the best over-all experience I've had so far under my ownership of this car.
'08 E90 335i 6MT - SOLD
'13 BRZ SportTech 6MT - current

Last edited by 335alive; 10-19-2013 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 0