View Single Post
      01-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
Black_Jesus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335i AW

Started a plant base diet yesterday

Hey everyone, so a little background about my self first. I'm 27 years old and I've been lifting weight since I was 15. I'm currently 208lbs and around 12-14% body fat, back in my 21-23 years I was 221lbs and 6.8% body fat, but those days are over. I am married and I have a full time job, so crazy dieting and living at the gym just doesn't work for me anymore. Anyways, I noticed that the older I got the lazier I got and this was starting to bother me. I started doing some research and watching documentaries about food and exercise, and everything I've read was telling me pretty much "you are what you eat" which I already knew. The thing that stood out for me was the fact that I thought that animal meat (steak, chicken, fish, eggs, etc) was the best thing to eat and that it's healthy, well apparently not. Long story short, we are supposed to be eating lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans and no animal products at all, so yesterday was day one of my "plant base diet" and so far so good, I feel great so far and I hope my muscles don't disappear.
Anyone else doing a plant base diet?
How did it go?
Appreciate 0