United_States
Rep
Drives: with both feet

Garage List
2015 VW Golf R  [5.50]
2014 Audi SQ5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Good move to ditch that meth crap! For the track I would keep things as simple as possible. No stacking tunes, overcomplex fueling etc etc. More variables=more failures at the track...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
... OP, GL and keep the car as simple as possible while using quality parts.
That's my plan going forward - no meth, no E85, switch to Cobb tune, and for the track run Stage 2+ Sport or Aggressive maps with ACN 91 fuel blended with 100 octane pump gas to raise overall octane to 93+ or more. Maybe for the street I'll play with the 100 octane race gas map, but it'll be a while (I just know myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
Don't know why you quoted me on this, I'm not sure it's possible to hydrolock the motor on a CM10 nozzle unless the nozzle broke. There's some discussion of this on the engine perf. forum also but they seem to think the meth kit just doesn't flow enough meth to hydrolock it that way?

If we're saying it's from detonation, okay maybe, although at 14psi thats unlikely.

OP I'd inspect your meth hardware and see where the failure might have occurred.
Nah, you're right as I find it hard to believe too, but I trust my mechanic and can only believe what he saw when he removed the intake manifold.

I plan on inspecting the ECU, JB4, FSB, solenoid, and pump once it's all removed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
Feel better about yourself now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
YEP!
You two sound like my two younger brothers.
We all love tracking, Bimmers, and especially the N54 platform, now punch each other in the arm, hug, and make-up (that's what we'd do in my house growing up).