View Single Post
      11-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyguy View Post
Like me? Why do you think we need this then, if people would just do as required when the light turns yellow then there would be no need for red light cameras. Blame all you want, but its true. As people pack the intersection because its yellow they are all in the wrong and you know it. Its called safe driving and like speed cameras, they are a tool to deter people from doing so. As most of my family is LEO anything they put in place that creates safer drivers does not bother me in the least. Ive seen many situations where people minding their own business hit by someone not paying attention or trying to save 60 seconds for a light. Dont give me crap about it not saving lives unless your ready to start dragging out some stats. They work regardless of reason they do work. They create a ton of revenue as well for the businesses involved becuase people do not want to stop. As for them giving anyone a ticket regardless of circumstance that is not true at least here in Florida you get a video, as well the timing the light was yellow or red. If you were stuck in the intersection it will show in the video and your clear of charge.
NY has no such caveats, NY Dept of Finance only wants money, hire a traffic lawyer, pay double ticket value on your 30 over speeding ticket and now its not a moving violation anymore, you have no points, they have a lot of money. And if that is your idea of a good way for a city to make revenue, you should move up here, they would love you but to each their own..

and here are some stats.. and a debate.. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...nder-scrutiny/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
^^+1 Also, it is standard driving rules that you don't enter an intersection unless you are able to clear it in a timely manner. People who ignore this rule create gridlock and make traffic worse.
Yes I understand that you're not supposed to jump in if you know you can't make it, but try making a left turn without entering the box and you won't make it anywhere, but I understand a lot of people are irrational with their decisions.
Appreciate 0