jimmylad
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d sapphire black

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmallwo View Post
interesting....

i had a detailer correct my paint and then apply 2 layers of c1 and a layer of exo. My car certainly didn't bead like yours does!! thing is, after applying my exo he said nothing about it not getting wet for 2 days, it rained within an hour of picking it up ffs. I feel abit done over. I'm guessing i've just got my c1 layers left now. how many coats of exo has yours got on it?
From all the reading I have done it should be applied to paintwork when it is a minimum of 20 degrees ( the videos I saw showed a bloke with a laser thermometer checking each panel before applying) which has been a nightmare of late due to the weather. I had the stuff about 2 weeks before conditions were right for me and having the time to apply it.

Because it is supposed to last so long I wanted to polish the swirls etc as the paintwork will be sealed for up to two years ( hopefully) so preperation was important but having polished it the car got soaked daily with all the rain & had to be cleaned off and wiped down in anticipation of applying the Exo. This must have happened for a solid week and really pissed me off preparing the car only for it not to be hot enough or rain was likely. In the end I got my waterproof caravan cover to put over the car when ready for an application of Exo to keep it dry & clean. God knows what the neighbours were thinking. . .

Managed to get a nice day last weekend and got about 3 coats on with the help of me, the mrs. & the lad all helping and covered back over all weekend while it cures which is supposed to take 48 hours & should remain dry so I met all that criteria.

Was yours applied at 20 plus degrees per panel ? You know it didn't stay dry so that's one condition not met. The c1 is supposed to be long lasting and can be topped off with exo but I just have Exo and nothing else. Whether yours is still on I couldn't say but the guy should have know about it getting wet etc. tbh.

Mine does bead very well but to be fair that hose pipe test they use works on most freshly waxed / sealed paint work as the momentum of the water helps it run off but in saying that it is the best stuff I have had on my car providing it stays like this for at least 6 months plus although I haven't tried that many products.

My mrs. went to put the bin out the other day & was just staring at the rain running off the bonnet like little snakes.

It is brilliant stuff but a total pain in the arse without perfect conditions to apply it and cos it was so expensive I wanted to be sure I did it right and hopefully I have.
Appreciate 0