View Single Post
      08-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #880
1985mb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
Yes AUS is an interesting team at the moment, the thing to remember though is the batting order is as strong as ever with quite a few quality players still waiting in the wings. Which should mean we'll actually see some 5 day tests this summer, as our bowling line up is a little weak and will probably struggle to dismiss teams quickly. I really think Shane Watson is the missing peice in the line up, injury free he could be one of the best and most valuable players in world cricket.

As for no Gilchrist, Haddin gives the team more than Gilly was able in his last few years as Gillys keeping had really started to slide and his batting was the definition of hit & miss. However his still the best batsman-keeper to have set foot on the park.

AB De Villers played quite a few good innings last time they toured AUS, i think they actually had him at the top of the order and he was probably RSA's best bat for the entire tour.
Watson was a huge hit in the IPL - I agree that if he can stay injury-free, he will be one of the most valuable players in limited overs cricket. I don't think he has done much at Test level yet, so whether he can make the move from LOI jack of all trades to Test-class allrounder remains to be seen...
Appreciate 0