09-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #12
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by exidisjon View Post
I've been noticing that my car seems really bouncy at high speeds when i hit a smallest bump or dip or even change lanes.

The car feels like the top of the cars going up and the wheels are gripping the road. When going kinda fast and i hit the smallest dip or a bump the car bounces so much you kinda feel like body is getting airborned somewhat.

Also when i switch lanes and hit like a dip the car bounces so much that feels like i might lose control sometimes.

Is this because its an xi? Would lowering the ride cure this issue?
Or does this have anythign to do with the RFT's maybe?
Hahah, like you've figured out from everyone else - the run farts are awful and the suspension is poor. Welcome to the E90XI. You'll have to consider changing out the suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
That's crazy talk. Clearly the XI suspension is not optimal at all. I don't have RFT's and it still rides terribly. Potholes sound and feel like the whole front end will break.

If the only solution short of replacing the whole suspension is steering around obstacles, I'm getting a new car.
The XI suspension is short of dangerous for anyone pushing this car around in any spirited fashion. I believe your only choice currently is H&R and KWv3 plus installation.

I cannot tell how disappointed I was when I bought this car. I thought it was broken. It is likely my last BWM for that reason .... I digress.

Since I replaced the suspension with the KWv3, it now behaves normally and has very respectable track capabilities.