Three_thirty_I
Lieutenant Colonel
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '05 E90 330i Manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyperx View Post
Well I can tell you its not the oil filter housing gasket. I replaced that last year:-) As for the valve cover gasket, I do see some weeping on the passenger side of the engine by what looks to be some kind of electrical plug/cable (valvetronic motor harness maybe). I am going to have to remove the upper engine bay cover to see further back. After I got home and parked the car, I turned the engine off and popped the hood. I did not smell any burning oil. It would seem that being on the incline caused the issue?
Maybe with the engine cover off, check the spark plug holes - gaskets there tend to leak too sometimes. My Wife's E46 320i is suffering from a burnt oil smell and I have got all the bits and pieces together to do the valve cover gasket, but on closer inspection I found absolutely no traces of any oil leaking all around the valve cover gasket and for that matter the gaskets in the holes for the spark plugs. Then some more fishing about and after removing the air filter box I spotted the traces of leaking oil from the filter housing.

What about the PCV?

Appreciate 0