05-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #21
Jns2001
Second Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBinDC View Post
Not quite. The TT-RS blew away the 1M based on objective data (0 to 60 in 3.6 seconds! That blows away the M3! See: http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...29515ea9e2.pdf

The 1M edged out the TT-RS based on the reviewer's subjective rating of the Bimmer's suspension and grip. But he also said the 1M was harder to drive well. For the average guy driving on public streets the TT-RS looks like the better choice based on it remarkable straight line performance. Audi has done a great job with this little toymobile.

That said, I would not buy the TT-RS because it's a 2-passenger vehicle. That back seat is all but useless. In addition, the TT-RS MSRP is way too expensive and Audi dealers do not discount like BMW dealers do.

I agree with others; the OP should keep his current ride for a year until the new Bimmers come out. BMW is now playing catch-up with Audi. The e9x chassis is old compared to the new Audis.
The seats in the back are fine, I took my twins (5 years old) last saturday and the girls loved how cozy they were in the back seat, when we got home and asked them what car would they buy, Izzy (one of the twins) said that she would buy "the ladybug" which is the TTS, that made me laugh.... Second, my wife has a SUV and we can always ride on her car, what makes me wonder is how my co-workers will look at it...I am 42 y.o. and crazy about cars.
Appreciate 0