Zasquatch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
'Mr. 5 Intake'... Zasquatch style

For the past month or so I've been collecting the various items needed to build a 'Mr. 5' Intake... Spare airbox, Macht Schnell panel filter, etc.

I had a hard time finding a 3" flange for a reasonable price without being some cheaply made plastic M.I.C. junk, so I decided to make my own couplers out of 6061 Aluminum. I designed the parts and my friend made them for me on his milling machine.

I got a chance to install the flange into the airbox last night and am quite happy with the results. I chose to use a Silicone II household/RV/Auto gasket maker/sealant to affix the flange, as it has a very high temperature rating (400 deg F), is waterproof, grease and oil resistant, stays rubbery and will never crack. Also notice that I had him chamfer all the edges that will see air - prob won't make any difference, but being an engineer I had to make things aerodynamic

I'll keep this updated as the project moves along. When I was doing my research I found it very helpful to see the various techniques and tweaks people did to the basic Mr. 5 idea. And of course, THANK YOU MR.5 for this genious design
Appreciate 0