12-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis330Xi View Post
OK, just spent a couple hours looking through the forum and don't see an answer to my question so decided to post new. I really really really want to be able to get the "send address to car" feature on my nav and my understanding is that there are two ways to do this:

1. is available as part of BMW Assist ($199/yr) if you have a MY2009+ vehicle

2. save contact/address to phone and then bring up contact and "navigate to..." that address (which does not require BMW Assist service)

Since I'm a 2006, #1 isn't an option unless I am able to upgrade my iDrive sw. Any one know if that is possible? I left a message for BMWUSA so will see what they say as well

I tried #2 but with my version of iDrive, it appears that the phone address book is completely separate from the nav "address book". So when I save to contacts, I can see it in my contacts on the nav communications section but the only options I have is to "dial" the contact phone number or "add number" to add numbers to it before dialing. It does not even show the address that I know is in there. I suspect this may be a limitation with the 2006 iDrive software because other members with newer BMW's seem to have had success with this technique.

Am I simply out of luck with this?? I hate taking the time to type in the entire address when it's right there in front of me on my Motorola Droid RAZR M. Which means I just hold the phone and us google maps to navigate with is a PITA. Any help/suggestions is appreciated. Thanks!
It is definitely possible to upgrade your vehicle's iDrive. You have an older, CCC navigation system. We can offer you a CIC navigation system, which has been installed on the 3-series since September 2008. In order to do what you want, you may need an additional module as well. Please send me an email to info@bimmerretrofit.com and I will be happy to provide you with all the details.

Thanks,

Kate.
Appreciate 0