01-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #1
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
For those who have phonebook sync...

Just a quick note to all members who have bluetooth mobiles that can sync the phonebook with their car- mainly Sony Ericsson phones in my experience.

There is a very useful website at www.mobical.net. I've been using it for a while & it makes my life a lot easier.

Your mobile needs to be SyncMl-enabled to use the free service. It will synchronise your phonebook, calendar, notes & tasks.
Full instructions are on the website.

I've used it when I've upgraded my phone, to sync all the stuff I'd rather not have to re-enter on the new phone.

Out of curiousity, I added a new contact on the website with a few different phone numbers. I then went into the car as normal, with BT switched on. I then carried out a sync between the phone & the online sync service. After a minute or so it finished. A minute or so after that, the new contact details appeared in the car's paired-addressbook & I could voicedial with "dial name" & speaking that person's name straight away.

"Bl**dy fantastic" I thought to myself!

Appreciate 0