View Single Post
      04-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Bimmer325
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i

DIY - BMW Performance Air Intake System (European)

Well, i just got my performance intake system and only found that mine version is for the european market. Well, after some search and couldnt find one from the board except the US version which is very different.
So, i think with this little DIY would help those european version (like mine) to install it with confidence. Enjoy!

A quick look at the the 2 different filter, OEM is yellow.

Tools you will need:
-A screw driver
-Torx 15, 20, 25

1. Remove the screws circled in red
2. Remove the intake channel and intake box cover.
3. Remove the old filter by pressing both the plastic tension pieces inwards to free from the catch and lift upwards.
4. Remove the 2 brackets in the upper right hand corner. Pull up the top bracket
5. Followed by the lower bracket which you need to unscrew it. This is a plastic screw, so be gentle and use the correct size of screw driver.
6. Install new filter. make sure the centre hole sits correctly towards the intake tunnel while pushing the filter forward to secure in place.
7. Install the new brackets. Its a tight fit so you need to make sure this big bracket sits there lining up the holes of the screw. Then, use the plastic screw which you removed in step 5 to secure it.
8. Install the new CF air channel. You can put back the 2 front screws to half secure it so you can adjust the intake box cover later to fit.
9. Slid in the new intake box top cover. Here, you have to press the top cover gently to fit in the lower box in the correct manner or you wont be able to locate the screw hole correctly. Once the screw holes aligned, screw them tight.
10. After making sure that there's no gap between the CF channel and the top cover, you can now tighten all the screws as in step 1.
11. Stand back and admire your new Performance CF Intake.
Attached Images

325i Arctics M-Sport, Gray Leather with Alu Trim, ///M DCT Paddleshift, ///M Gear Knob, BBS LM-R 19", Michelin PS2, KW V2, H&R Anti Roll Bars, BMW Performance Air Intake System, 3D Front Lip, ACS Roof Spoiler, OEM Boot Spoiler, Osram 6000K, Brex White Ring, PIAA 6200K HID Fog, PIAA License Plate LED, BMS Powerbox
Appreciate 0