02-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #249
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefactoM6 View Post
Oh I totally understand the physics behind it, and in theory it should be the case, but that was simply my observation. I have spent tons of time doing Vbox runs, and for some odd reason, my times have always been better with less slope (within reason). I have never run on a net incline. I am fully aware that bog makes a huge difference. That said, my 8.84 was run on a 0.8% decline, IIRC...meanwhile, I've run an 8.87 on a 2.4% decline with 150 lbs taken out of the car, with a slightly taller tire, which should help, since the car's slowest spot is the 120-130mph run. Bottom line, yes, decline should help in theory. I just find it strange that with the sheer number of runs under my belt, I have never found that to be the case with my 335. Other cars...I totally agree.
doesn't apply to me it seems. I've cracked 8.9 with two shifts on my 6AT on a 3.2 slope full weight. I need to get that slope as close to 2.99% as possible and I think I could do 8.9 again in proper conditions. Actually, I have a compressor upgrade now, if I don't crack 8.9 with a proper tune I'd actually be pretty upset