Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 View Post
thanks for the response. another concern of mine is the loss of traction with such a stiff setup. i will also be without a lsd which i plan to get later on after the mod fund has replenished itself. have u noticed any loss of traction with your setup?
It's mostly the M3 anti roll bars (aka sway bars) that are responsible for the loss of traction as they stiffen up the link between the two wheels - so if in a corner you load one side, your open diff will send the power to the inner wheel as there is less resistance, and it will spin much more easily. I would therefore always recommend to do sway bars, bushings and diff at the same time, as for all of these you'll have to drop the subframe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 View Post
also another question for whoever can respond. what is the install like for the other three links (steering rod, camber link and trailing arms) are they pretty straight forward so they wont require much labor?
All elements besides the three just mentioned by me are more or less plug&play and very easy to install. If I were you I would first replace all the other elements and then, in a second step, do bushings+sway bars+diff.

Alpina_B3_Lux