Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
It's mostly the M3 anti roll bars (aka sway bars) that are responsible for the loss of traction as they stiffen up the link between the two wheels - so if in a corner you load one side, your open diff will send the power to the inner wheel as there is less resistance, and it will spin much more easily. I would therefore always recommend to do sway bars, bushings and diff at the same time, as for all of these you'll have to drop the subframe.
All elements besides the three just mentioned by me are more or less plug&play and very easy to install. If I were you I would first replace all the other elements and then, in a second step, do bushings+sway bars+diff.

Alpina_B3_Lux
thanks for the input. ive decided not to get the trailing arms cause they made of steel/iron and not al. ill prob end up gettin the camber links. ive read around and i think it was in this thread, maybe another (ive read so many i lost track) that the steering rod was not PnP, true?

yea i was thinking about just doing all the things that i can do in my garage that dont need an alignment. (upper front and the 3 rear links). then get coils rear sway, bushings. dont think ill be able to mustard the coils and diff. at the same time

Last edited by CubanJJ09; 02-22-2011 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0