View Single Post
      02-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #15
Joshboody
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: pickemuptruck

You can control load based on IATs which will keep boost lower in the summer. The issue isn’t necessarily that its tough to control boost, but that its tough to limit DME intervention based on calculated torque. I have some ideas, but no one wants to be my guinea pig.

There’s a couple issues and 1 of them is post-shift flatline… others, timing retard during torque overshoots, throttle plate closing. One of the best ways to test is “stepping the throttle”... would love to see some pro-tunes do this. When you pull back on throttle closure sensitivity, you increase timing intervention which is much worse for performance.

I did some limited testing, but I really don’t care except out of curiosity… my stacked setup runs great.

Why do the pro-tunes run so great on the dyno and ¼ mile. The answer is how they tune. They set a very high load target which will never be reached at WOT. They also now have the “race logic” which is a more linear req boost to load relationship. They max out req boost (never reaching load target), and tune in WGDC limits. This runs fine (albeit a little aggressive in some cases) at WOT for the most part. BUT at part throttle the tuning isn’t dialed in and the DME intervenes trying to regulate torque.

Much of this is speculation based on what I know about ATR. And pro-tuners could have further advantages (in addition to race logic) that ATR peeps do not… kinda sucks cause ATR was touted as having the same tuning features as the pro version.

End of random rant
Appreciate 0