03-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS135I View Post
So what kind of numbers are the n54's putting out with the same exact mods as Shiv's car on straight pump? I looked through the dyno thread and didn't see many n54 hp numbers that were significantly higher with the same bolt-ons using pump. Infact, the torque numbers on the above dyno looks to be the same or better than the n54 numbers with the same mods. Maybe I am missing something here? With that said, I do realize that with meth and/or race fuel the n54 is on an entirely different level.
Similarly modded (full exhaust), an n54 would probably put down 365-370whp. The n55 does seem to make bigger peak torque numbers than the n54 all other things equal. But above 5000rpm, the n54 has a considerable advantage.

I suspect/hope the n55 will support up to 360-365whp when an upgraded intercooler is installed. Which is still 30-40whp shy of what a fully modded n54 will put down on a good day.

But there is something very different about the way the n55 puts down the power. I'm not sure if it's entirely due to the 7DCT or the Valvetronic system but the n55 seems to be more responsive and faster than its numbers would indicate.

Shiv
Appreciate 0