View Single Post
      07-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #17
son_of_siggy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Thanks for the compliments all. Sounds like we have a lot of people here on two wheels as well. I've only had time to put about 30 miles on it so far as we're in the middle of moving, but it's been great. The bike has lots of character.

Funny enough I had the same experience in Italy when I was there regarding traffic. I was about 22 years old and was traveling with two girls from college and decided we'd rent a car to go from Rome to Napoli. I made the reservation online from America with Hertz only to find when we got there Hertz wouldn't give me the car because I was 22, not 23. I was kind of pissed because that should have been something to figure out while making the reservation. In any case I found a hole in the wall place that rented us a car.

The drive to Napoli was fine and the highways seemed to be okay, but Napoli itself was a freaking nightmare. One-way roads were not adhered to, parking was a cluster, and people used their bumpers like feelers. I found some nice hotel and just told the attendant we were staying in some random room, even though we were like a mile away in a hostel. We had planned on having the car for 3-4 days. Next day I drove it back to Rome, and took a train back to Napoli.

France would have been similar. Germany on the other hand had awesome roads, and a ton of nice cars. I saw more Ferraris and Lambos in London than any other place in Europe, Italy included. Don't think I saw any there.
Appreciate 0