View Single Post
      06-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #31
Mark II
The Grim Reapers Love Child
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M-Sport Coupe

[QUOTE=chrisbin;2771463] and as far as BIK taxation (for company cars) goes, it seems that you previously got a 1% reduction from the band that the car would be in based on its stated emissions....however it seems that was dropped for the 2006-7 tax year.....obviously too green....
QUOTE]

No but it does just goes to prove that the government's stated intention to 'encourage' us to go green for environmental reasons (daft) is nothing but a smoke screen and the reality is that the more they can make us pay for using the 'wrong' type of fuel, the happier they are....

'course all proceeds will be ploughed into road improvements and public transport, so bearing in mind the tax revenues:

Fuel Duty 2006/07 - £23.6 Billion
VED 2006/07 - £5.1 Billion

I expect to see roads as smooth as billiard tables, traffic wardens wearing haute couture and some seriously pimped up buses/trains (oh sorry, forgot they're all owned privately nowadays)....

probably shouldn't hold my breath should I?

Previous: e92 M-Sport. TiAg. Black Dakota. Creamy 6cyl diesel. Stage II Tune. Performance exhaust. K&N. Auto+paddles. Quaife LSD. BMW BBK+Cool Carbon S/T. Goodridge. 19" Breyton Race GTS. Vredesteins. M3 lip. Prof nav. Xenons. Voice. Sun protection. Pdc. etc..
Appreciate 0