timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Dude, you're in Irvine. Just tell your family that you won't be able to chip-in for the construction of their 3rd swimming pool in their 3rd vacation home. Hahah, not like you're from the projects trying to get your single mom out of the ghettos.
Haha, my family is not poor, but they're not well off enough either. I do give my parents some money every month and I do have to put extra money away "just-in-case". Just in case my mom loses her job tomorrow. Just in case my dad gets ill and can't continue doing his business tomorrow. They're both getting up there in the age either so its about time they retire, so I need to make sure they'll be comfortable when they do retire. So, no don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my family is piss poor and I'm supporting them, but I'm just saying I'm envious of the people who's parents are well off and are set themselves where the kids doesn't have to worry about them. I know I'm a lot luckier then a lot of other people out there, but one always wants more.

For example, I want to take a trip to tour Europe. I can afford a month long trip for myself easily (assuming I can take a month off without my boss jumping off the building), but I'll feel guilty going since my parents never been. So instead I'm trying to save up enough so they can go first.