Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedOften
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman81 View Post
SpeedOften...I've heard those are pretty good tires. Do you leave them on year round and if so do you still feel like you get the performance out of them in the warmer weather? Also, since they are not a RFT, what do you do for a spare or flat repair? I know...too many questions but there are a lot of options with regards to tires and I'm so hesitant to not have RFT without a spare.
The first thing I changed on my 335i after getting it was to get rid of the run flats.

I haven't had these tires for very long but I have driven through a bunch of rain and snow storms, probably ~ 10k miles. They have done very well - my brothers driveway had 4inches of snow this morning, I didn't have any issues getting out of it.

I have a different set of wheels and tires that I ran last summer that would have made my car a permanent parking fixture if I had tried to use them to get around up here in the winter.

I do not have a spare. I do have a can of gel stuff to put in a tire if it does go flat. Continental, if bought through tire rack has some road hazard deal too.
I've heard that gel can mess up the tpms????
Appreciate 0