05-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #12
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
My caloric intake...no clue I don't measure...
That's your problem right there. It doesn't matter how healthy you eat or how many crunches you do, fat is ultimately burned when you have a caloric deficit. There is no such thing as spot treatment. That means that if you carry fat around your midsection, crunches won't aleviate the problem. If you carry fat in your arms, curls will not burn fat in that area.

You need to track your calories and figure out how many you are consuming each day. You can do it the old fashioned way and measure your portions and look at the nutrition facts on your food, or you can use calculators such as "Fit Day" that will estimate how many calories are in the food you consume.

My advice for you at your size is to set an initial goal of consuming around 2000 calories. If you maintain an active lifestyle, you can up that to around 2500 calories, but somewhere in the 1800-2200 range is very safe and will cause 99.9% of people your size to lose weight (the good kind too).

If you want abs this is the pretty basic recipe:

1.) Maintain a caloric deficit (500 calorie/day deficit is easy to do. 1000 is harder, but you will see progress faster)
2.) Increase your level of activity (I recommend lifting heavy over cardio)
3.) Keep your protein intake high and your carb intake low
Appreciate 0