View Single Post
      08-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #1191
gigadeath714
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

HPFP

My HPFP just went out I have an 07' E92 coupe and the odometer had just hit 50,043 miles. I took it to my local mechanic who read the codes as low pressure on the fuel pump, told me it was under warranty, he recomended that they replace the module switch on the fuel rail too as its a part of the entire system. Kuddo's to Steve Kulima @ Westcoast Autobahn in Orange, CA! I went to my local dealer at Crevier BMW and told them that my local guy diagnosed the HPFP. The BMW service advisor Dale was a good dude and said he would get back to me later that day or the following. Sure enough it was the HPFP which currently has a 10 year or, 120k mile warranty, however he said the switch on the fuel rail was not covered so I paid the $145 for the switch and now I'm back on the streets. I have noticed the new FP seems a bit sluggish from my older one, not sure if anyone has felt the same since theirs' were replaced or not but I just thought I would share mine. Also, Im not entirely sure what the warranty is on the new HPFP that they just replaced?
Appreciate 0