View Single Post
      01-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #31
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90 View Post
the ninja 250R is more a mountain bike w/ a gokart engine than a motorcycle. I had my r6s as my first bike, no problems... About a year after i sold it, i visited my friend who is an avid rider, and his girlfriend had a 250R... when i rode it, i felt miserably unsafe because it had no pull/power to it. It would be a great bike to learn with in the parking lot, but that's the end of it. Also, the tires on that thing are so small, it just looks and feels terrible.

a 600cc bike isn't overkill. a lot of my friends learned on 600cc bikes... yea, some of them have gone down, but it's also because they're sometimes dumbasses on the bike, and they do unnecessary things. If you decide to get a first bike, go w/ a 600, and gently learn to pull the throttle... about 3-6months after i began riding, i even felt that my r6s lacked some power in the higher gears...
a 600cc bike isn't overkill for a beginner? lol I hope you're not talking about a 600 r cc bike. If you are, don't ever give advice to people about bikes man. lol A 250r is like a mountain bike? WHAT? lol dude PROPER riders start on a 125cc honda or equivalent. Why don't they give you a 600 cc bike when you take your riders course? I started out on a 600cc bike and according to your overkill theory that wasn't the case since it almost killed me.

Also, getting a 600cc bike will encourage riders to go on highways and other high speed roads which they shouldn't be doing. It's called a beginner bike for a reason. Just because you will outgrow it in 2 months, doesn't mean its useless....it just means that bike did it's job perfectly and it's time to up the cc.
Appreciate 0