09-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #1694
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacerCam View Post
Hey Greg,

I'm not sure if you guys offer anything like this, but I'm in the powersports industry, and my company sells a product from Liquid Performance called "Top Kote" finishing spray.

The bugs down here in FL can be crazy, and I'm looking for something I can put on the front of my car to help make cleanup easier. It's a silicone based product that you apply after you have washed your car, and makes the surface a little more slick (and thus harder for the bugs to stick to)

What do you think?

-Dave
Dave,

I've not heard of this product or tried something similar so I can't really say how effective it is. We don't carry anything silicone based you put on to help with bug clean ups. Many variations of silicone were actually bad for the paint so the majority of mfgs have stopped using it on the paint, trim, etc. It's certainly possible a different formulation has proven to be more effective and safe but I'm a bit skeptical until I hear/see more. In general I've used products like the Chemical Guys Bug Bugger & Tar Remover to help clean them up and a traditional sealant and wax for protection. Keep us posted if you have more info and pictures of results.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0